Transom

Transom

30 days

We managed to get some replacement oak for the transom on Monday. This was machined up and glued together on Tuesday. On Wednesday it was shaped and bolted up to the sternpost.

In between times frame 6 was also fitted and the rabbet was continued up the sternpost and deadwood.

On Thursday we put a few fairing battens around the frames to see how they were lying. We were very pleased to see that the bevel cutting on the band saw had produced frames which won't need massive amounts of fairing.

So, in 30 days we have the backbone structure with sawn frames, floors and transom in place. Really good progress and a good place to stop for the Easter break.